Fabric

Fabric

BH Awning only offers the best fabrics. Our team will work closely with you to select one that fits your needs. Our fabrics include the following possibilities:

Color and Patterns: We have countless fabric colors and patterns to choose from. Our experienced professionals will work with you to select the appropriate fabric for your awning, canopy or any solution that has been created for you. Samples are available for most materials we carry.

 Durability: The fabric that BH Awning works with has good abrasion resistance and typically lasts five to 15 years. The lifespan of the material depends on many factors, including the type of fabric, climate, and proper maintenance and care.

Types:

  • Solution-Dyed Acrylic (Canvas) – Acrylic is a woven fabric that BH Awning began using in the early 1960’s. This is a generic name for mixtures of at least 85 percent acrylonitrile. The remaining 15 percent consists of a variety of additives that provide UV light, mildew and water resistance. The characteristics of the loose weave allows it to be highly breathable, preventing hot air and moisture from being trapped under the material.
  • Vinyl-Coated Polyester This standard classification of fabric includes opaque and translucent colors. Vinyl-laminated polyesters are easy to clean, fire retardant, and resistant to UV light, mildew and water. They are recommended for use in areas of sustained high humidity.
  • Acrylic-Coated Polyester – With a coating of acrylic rather than vinyl, this fabric is resistant to water, flame, tears, abrasion and UV light. This is traditional awning fabric. Because of the cotton base it is not recommended for use in areas of high humidity.

Warranty: All fabrics carry manufacturer warranties as well as BH Awning warranties. These warranties generally cover colorfastness, rot and mildew. Warranties can be provided upon request or viewed under About Us.

“We needed tough, we needed fast, and we needed it right the first time. BH came through for us.”